ANNUAL CONFERENCE Friday October 12TH 2018 9:00 AM TO 4:30 PM
Discovering the Possibilities with Visual Strategies for Autism Meeting the Communication, Behavior & Social Skill Challenges in Autism
GUEST SPEAKEK Linda Hodgdon Éd., CCC-orthoph.
- Identify significant factors in learning and functioning style that affect communication.
- Informally assess an individual’s communication strengths and challenges.
- Recognize situations where communication breakdowns can affect understanding, behavior and participation in social opportunities.
- Use the Guide for Assessing Behavior Situations to identify causes of behavior problems.
- Develop visual tools to support communication, behavior & social skills
- Identify uses for a range of low tech to high tech tools such as iPads, Apps and video for meeting communication & learning needs.
For more information – Conference
The prevalence of autism is constantly increasing to shocking levels!
In Canada, 1 child in 66 between the ages of 5 to 17 receives a diagnosis of autism. (Public Health Agency of Canada, 2018)
In the United-States 1 child in 59 will receive a diagnosis of autism, (Center for Disease Control, 2018)