No petition at the moment
It has become more and more evident that autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are not a priority for the Quebec Government, despite the constant increase of cases documented each year. The distress that families face in their perpetual struggle to obtain services is unacceptable in a society such as our own.
To put an end to this aberration, we have decided to make a petition which will be submitted to the National Assembly of Quebec. In order to do so, we need your help and your signature, as well as your family members’, your friends’ and that of your entourage. In fact, we need the most signatures possible to denounce this situation and make things finally progress for autism.
It is not too late to collect signatures
(on the paper format of the petititon)!
HOW TO SIGN THE PETITION:
– you can sign the paper format of this petition by contacting Autisme Montréal.
– To print the petition and collect signatures, please click here. Please return the ORIGINALby mail please. Thanks!
– To have access to the flyer of the petition, please click here .
Thank you for your support. For more information, please contact us!
Autisme et troubles envahissants du développement Montréal (Autisme Montréal)
4450 rue St-Hubert, local 320 Montréal (Québec) H2J 2W9
Tél.: 514 524-6114 – Télécopieur: 514 524-6420
Site web : www.autisme-montreal.com
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org
In signing this petition, you support…
the petition for Autism Spectrum Disorders to become a Quebec PRIORITY
« Autism spectrum disorders are crying for help »
– Considering that the Ministry of Health and Social Services and the Ministry of Education are not in a position to answer the basic needs of individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD);
– Considering that parents of children with ASD are constantly confronted with lack of funding, professionals and expertise;
– Considering the harsh reality of autism spectrum disorders in relation to endless waiting lists, fragmented and inadequate services, or even worse, the complete absence of services;
– Considering the plight of numerous adults with ASD who find themselves without services;
– Considering the potential tragic consequences of these circumstances;
We, the undersigned, ask the government of Quebec:
1. To review and overhaul the entire organization of services for autism spectrum disorders within the Ministry of Health and Social Services and the Ministry of Education, in light of the ongoing and constant increase of cases of ASD each year;
2. To develop front-line services and expertise through pilot projects;
3. To develop services for individuals with ASD of all ages: children, adolescents, and adults, as well as for individuals with ASD without an associated intellectual disability;
4. To develop medical services specifically geared to individuals with ASD.