Family Support Service
Autisme Montréal provides information on autism as well as a support service to all parents, students and professionals.
We provide the following information, either by phone or in person (by appointment):
- What is autism and pervasive developmental disorder
- How to obtain an official diagnosis and what to do afterwards
- What government subsidies are available for parents of children with autism
- Which therapies/treatments help people with autism
- What educational approaches are helpful to individuals with autism
- What services are offered to individuals with autism by the public sector
- What are the services available through the private sector in the Montreal area
We can also support families in obtaining services if they are refused or are unsatisfied with the services they receive. Upon request, we also accompany parents and individuals with autism to meetings in order to advocate for rights and access to services for people living with autism.