Family Support Service
Autisme Montréal provides information on autism as well as a support service to all parents, students and professionals.
We provide the following information, either by phone or in person (by appointment):
- What are autism spectrum disorders
- How to obtain an official diagnosis and what to do afterwards
- What government subsidies are available for parents of children with autism
- Which therapies/treatments help people with autism
- What educational approaches are helpful to individuals with autism
- What services are offered to individuals with autism by the public sector
- What are the services available through the private sector in the Montreal area
We can also support families in advocating for services if they are refused or are unsatisfied with the services they receive. Upon request, we also accompany parents and individuals with autism to meetings in order to advocate for rights and access to services for people living with autism.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR INDIVIDUALS RESIDING OFF THE ISLAND OF MONTREAL :
Autisme Montréal is an autonomous community organization that services the territory of the island of Montreal. We ask individuals residing off the island of Montreal to refer to the website of the Fédération Québécoise de l’autisme (FQA) Associations régionales d’autisme | Fédération québécoise de l’autisme, in order to locate the regional association that corresponds to their territory of residence. In the event you are seeking information pertaining specifically to Montreal or that you have not found the information you are seeking, you are welcome to contact us. We will do our best to provide you with the information you are seeking.