SPECIAL MESSAGE to Autism Montreal service users – COVID-19
First, I would like to mention that the AUTISME MONTREAL board of directors is concerned about the situation of its members during this special time for all. The permanent team continues and will continue to support you as best they can. So, if you feel the need or if you are in a difficult situation, do not hesitate to communicate with us by leaving a voice message or email. Due to teleworking, there may be a delay however be sure the team will answer your calls.
Now you should know that we have changed our usual services offer for your children. In order to protect users, their families and our human resources, AUTISME MONTREAL takes the necessary measures to follow government recommendations. You will find more information in the tab « Our Services » https://autisme-montreal.com/en/our-services/.
Pending the resumption of our services, we hope that you and your loved ones are well.
The Executive Director,
Because the Autism clientele was all but forgotten by the government and had little or no appropriate services, Autisme Montréal developed their own services to fill the parents’ urgent needs and ease the suffering of the people living with autism and their families who had been abandoned by all.
In the last years, a rapid increase in demand has forced Autisme Montréal to offer more direct services and hire more staff.
Autisme Montréal now has 10 permanent employees and 200 external employees working on direct services.
To fill all the different needs, Autisme Montréal is comprised of two main sectors: advocacy and direct services.
The association offers the following services in the advocacy sector:
- Support and help service;
- A support group for adults TSA without intellectual delay and their families;
- Conferences and training sessions;
- The search for new funding for daily operations and the establishment of new projects.
Autisme Montréal’s direct services are:
- A documentation centre that loans books and videos and sells documents for the price of the photocopies;
- A babysitting/shadowing service;
- A weekend respite service at La Maisonnette;
- Group outings for adults TSA without intellectual delay
- Summer day camps for children, teenagers and adults;
- Residential camps during school breaks;
- Specialised swimming lessons;
- A Christmas party;